Barclays Sharestore* is a convenient way to hold your shares electronically without a share certificate
Transferring shares into Barclays Sharestore is free. Through Barclays Sharestore, you can:
- Eliminate the risk of losing your share certificate and having to pay a replacement fee
- Receive an annual statement detailing the number of shares you own and any changes through the course of the year
- Trade your shares through Equiniti at a competitive price
- Benefit from faster settlements if you sell your Barclays shares, you'll receive the money in three business days
- Receive less unwanted mail. Your individual details will not appear on the Barclays share register which means other organisations will not be able to send you advertising material
How to register for Barclays Sharestore:
Print, complete and return the application form and your share certificates to Equiniti. You'll find the address on the form. Once your shares are transferred, you receive a statement confirming the number of shares held for you in Barclays Sharestore. If you later decide you want a share certificate again, or wish to transfer your shares to another person, you can request the relevant forms from Equiniti. Please note a fee may apply for this service.
How to buy and sell your shares through Barclays Sharestore
Full details including dealing rates and the Equiniti Shareview Dealing Service Terms and Conditions are available at shareview.co.uk/dealing. If you have any questions, please contact 0345 603 7037**.
*We reserve the right to refuse an application, and you must be aged 18 or over and resident in the UK or EEA in order to use this service. Not available to US residents or citizens.
**Call costs may vary please check with your telecoms provider. Calls may be recorded for quality and security purposes. Lines open Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm for dealing, and until 6.00pm for enquiries.