Non-Executive Directors for UK Retail Bank
In preparation for structural reform Barclays is establishing a ring fenced bank (Barclays UK) as a member of the Barclays Group, comprising UK retail banking, business banking, consumer credit cards and wealth management. The Chairman of Barclays UK is now looking to appoint a high calibre Board which will include a number of appointments including a Chair of Audit, Chair of Risk and Chair of the Remuneration Committee.
Working with the Barclays PLC Board, the Board of Barclays UK will be responsible for development and oversight of Barclays UK’s strategy and constructively challenging Management and holding them to account for delivery of the strategy.
Key experience and personal qualities required include the following:
- Non-Executive Directors will be proven Board leaders, ideally with FTSE 100 or equivalent size organisation experience
- Candidates will be financially literate with a good understanding of retail and business banking and consumer financial services regulation
- Candidates should have experience of organisational transformation, particularly with a focus on customer, digital and technology
- Committee Chairs should have prior experience of chairing Board Committees and retail banking experience at the highest level
- Candidates should be collaborative and comfortable to challenge constructively
- Individuals will be of the highest integrity, have strong values and the reputation to sit on a financial service Board.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 25 June 2017.