Barclays appoints Mani Joseph as Head of Asia Special Situations
Barclays today announces the appointment of Mani Joseph as Head of Asia Special Situations. Based in Hong Kong, he will report to James Roberts, Head of Asia Credit Trading.
Mani will be responsible for leading the buildout of the Special Situations franchise for the Asia Pacific region. He will be developing and embedding the firm’s capability to source, underwrite, manage and distribute stressed and distressed risk locally.
Mani’s appointment follows strong momentum in Barclays’ Asia Flow Credit business, where it enjoys a leading client wallet, largely driven by the firm’s ability to provide liquidity to a wide breadth of clients across the regions.
Mani joins Barclays with a depth of experience in Distressed Trading and Structured Credit Lending. In his most recent role, he was responsible for Distressed Trading and Private Financing for the markets division of Goldman Sachs in Asia. Prior to this, he worked in Global Credit and Special Situations at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. He previously had a career in Morgan Stanley’s investment banking division in the US, before moving to Asia in 2007.
Notes for Editors
Barclays has been in Asia Pacific for over 50 years and primarily supports corporations and financial institutions across the Asia region, catering to their cross-border Corporate and Investment banking needs and connecting them to the capital markets of Europe and the Americas. Barclays Banking team offers comprehensive financial advisory, capital raising, financing and risk management services for corporations, governments and financial institutions worldwide. Barclays in Asia Pacific is headed by Jaideep Khanna; its Investment Banking and Global Markets business in the region is respectively led by Vanessa Koo and Matt Pecot.
Recent senior hires at Barclays in Asia Pacific:
- July 2021: Evonne Tan, Head of Private Bank, Singapore
- June 2021: Ee-Ching Tay, Head of Southeast Asia Banking
- May 2021: Girish Mithran, Head of Program Trading, Asia
- March 2021: Yehong Ji Vice Chairman, Banking, Greater China
- March 2021: Kelvin Teo, Head of Equity Capital Markets, Asia Pacific
- November 2020: Florent Rodier, Head of Exotic Derivatives, Asia Pacific
- September 2020: James Hassett (relocated from London) as Head of Flow Macro Trading, Asia in addition to his role as Co-Head of Global Emerging Markets and G10 Linear FX
- July 2020: Alexander Harrison, Country CEO, Singapore
- March 2020: Carrie Chen, Vice Chairman, Banking, Greater China
- March 2020: Sung-Min Chung, Head of Technology, Banking, Asia Pacific
- January 2020: Yuhiko Yano, Chairman of Banking, Japan