Barclays appoints Fabio Madar as Global Head of G10 Foreign Exchange Trading and Distribution
James Hassett named in new role of Global Head of EM Macro Trading
Barclays today announces the appointment of Fabio Madar as Global Head of G10 Foreign Exchange Trading and Distribution, based in London. Fabio will lead the global FX business across trading and sales, reporting to Michael Lublinsky, Global Head of Macro, and Guy Saidenberg, Global Head of Distribution and Structuring.
Mr Madar has over 26 years of experience in global FX markets, working in London, New York, Paris and Milan and joins Barclays after 13 years at Deutsche Bank where he was Global Head of FX Coverage. Previously, Fabio also worked at Lehman Brothers and Citibank.
Michael Lublinsky, Barclays’ Global Head of Macro, commented:
“This appointment builds on the momentum we’re seeing in our FX business. We have delivered solid results and the team continues to grow revenue and improve returns as we invest in people and technology to better serve clients. Fabio’s appointment highlights the senior talent that Barclays is attracting and we’re confident that it puts us in an even stronger position to play a leading role in the market.”
In addition, James Hassett is taking on a new role as Global Head of Emerging Markets Macro Trading, where he will be responsible for the EM FX and Rates businesses globally. James has been closely involved in the development of the EM business since 2014 and has deep experience trading products and managing desks out of London, Singapore and Sydney during his 12 years with the firm.
Guy Saidenberg, Barclays’ Global Head of Distribution and Structuring, commented on the new role:
“EM is a key part of our Markets strategy and we have the opportunity to grow the franchise and make deeper connections with clients. James’ background and experience will enable us to provide our clients with the expertise and know-how that they need for these markets.”
- Since Tim Throsby’s appointment in January 2017, Barclays International (and within that the Corporate & Investment Bank) has been focused on reinvestment for growth in people and technology to increase returns for shareholders.
- Markets: throughout 2017 and into 2018, Barclays has hired over 30 Managing Directors, including:
- September 2017: Stephen Dainton, Head of Equities
- November 2107: Guy Saidenberg, Head of Distribution and Structuring
- November 2107: Michael Lublinsky, Head of Macro
- At the end of 2017, Stephen Dainton, Guy Saidenberg and Michael Lublinsky, together with Adeel Khan, Barclays' existing Head of Credit, were confirmed as Co-Heads of Markets at Barclays reporting to Tim Throsby, President, Barclays Bank PLC and CEO, Barclays International.
- Barclays was voted Best Bank for FX in London and Best Bank for GDP/USD (Source: FX Week Nov 2017)
- Ranked top 3 on Multi-dealer platforms, including no2 on 360T, up from no8, and no3 on Bloomberg, up from no11 (Source: 360T and Bloomberg Q1 2018 v Q1 2017)
- Top tier FICC franchise with clients (Source: Greenwich January 2018):
- No1 European Fixed Income market share – Rates (for 11th year in a row)
- No2 European Fixed Income market share – Overall
- No3 Global Fixed Income market share – Credit
- No4 Global Fixed Income market share – Overall
For further information, please contact:
James White, Barclays
Tel: +(44) 20 7773 1782