Barclays hires Justin Brickwood as Head of Markets Innovation
Barclays today announces the appointment of Justin Brickwood as MD, Head of Markets Innovation, based in London. Justin will join Barclays in September and will report to John Stecher, Chief Innovation Officer for Barclays.
- As part of Barclays’ overall focus on digitalisation announced by Jes Staley in our Q3 2017 earnings – in June 2018 Barclays announced three appointments within the Corporate & Investment Bank to execute on the digitalization of our Markets business, aligned across all businesses and focused on the needs of our clients:
- Nas Al-Khudairi promoted to oversee electronic trading platform
- Mauricio Sada-Paz joins Barclays as Global Head of eFICC Product and Distribution from Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Brett Tejpaul promoted to lead Digital Strategy for Markets, alongside his existing Markets Client Strategy role
- With advancements in technology rapidly disrupting the status quo, Markets’ digital strategy is instrumental to defend our business and pursue new revenue opportunities.
- Barclays has committed to investing to improve its Markets electronic offering.
- Since Tim Throsby’s appointment (President Barclays Bank PLC and CEO, Barclays International) in January 2017, Barclays International (and within that the Corporate & Investment Bank) has been focused on reinvestment for growth in people and technology to increase returns for shareholders.
- At the end of 2017, Stephen Dainton, Guy Saidenberg and Michael Lublinsky, together with Adeel Khan, Barclays' existing Head of Credit, were confirmed as Co-Heads of Markets at Barclays reporting to Tim Throsby.
- Markets: throughout 2017 and into 2018, Barclays has hired over 30 Managing Directors, including:
- February 2018: Naseer Al-Khudairi, Global Head of Electronic Equities and Co-Head of Cash Equities
- September 2017: Stephen Dainton, Head of Equities
- November 2017: Guy Saidenberg, Head of Distribution and Structuring
- November 2017: Michael Lublinsky, Head of Macro
- June 2017: Asita Anche, SM&D Head of Systematic Market Making and Head of Data Science
- Barclays will continue to selectively hire in the Corporate & Investment Bank where exceptional talent becomes available, targeting those areas where we see opportunities for growth and to increase returns.