Barclays appoints Pritpal Gill as Head of G10 FX and FX Options Trading for Asia Pacific
Hong Kong, 29 January 2019 – Barclays today announces the appointment of Pritpal Gill as Head of G10 Foreign Exchange and Foreign Exchange Options Trading for Asia Pacific. Based in Singapore, Mr. Gill will be responsible for developing and driving the G10 Foreign Exchange (FX) Trading strategy in the region.
Mr. Gill brings over 25 years of FX experience to the team. He started his career at Citibank in London trading vanilla and exotic FX options. After eight years at Citi, he moved to Lehman Brothers as Global Head of FX Options Trading, before returning to Citi as Head of FX Trading for Asia, based in Singapore. His most recent role at Citi was with Macro Prop Trading, including global FX, Asian rates and equity indices. After his over 15 years at Citi, Mr. Gill spent a year at Tudor Capital between 2014 and 2015 in the Global Macro Prop group, and more recently he has been running a family office.
This appointment follows a number of other appointments in the electronic Foreign Exchange Trading and Distribution teams in the region. Gaurav Malhotra rejoined Barclays recently as Head of eFX Trading for Asia Pacific. Based in Singapore, he is responsible for accelerating the execution of Barclays’ electronic trading strategy in the region. Sam Yeh also joined the team in Hong Kong as Head of eFICC Distribution for North Asia. He is responsible for executing Barclays’ eFICC sales strategy for FX, Rates and Credit across the region.
Fabio Madar, Barclays’ Global Head of G10 FX Trading and Distribution, commented: “These appointments are further testament that we steadily pursue excellence in both derivatives and electronic solutions for our clients in Asia Pacific. They also highlight the senior top talent that Barclays is able attract. FX really represents an incredible opportunity for Barclays.”
Mark Dearlove, Barclays’ Head of Markets for Asia Pacific added: “Pritpal brings extensive market knowledge as well as deep client understanding to the team. This experience will support the further advancement of our FX strategy in the region as we continue to invest in the Markets business to better serve our clients.”
About Barclays' Markets Business
- Barclays’ Markets business reported third quarter 2018 income of £1.2bn, up 19% (18% in US dollars) versus Q3 2017.
- Since Tim Throsby’s appointment in January 2017 to lead Barclays International, the Markets business has been focused on reinvesting for growth across people, technology and resources to increase returns for shareholders.
- Throughout 2017 and into 2018, Barclays has hired close to 50 Managing Directors in the Markets business globally, including:
September 2017: Stephen Dainton, Head of Equities
November 2017: Guy Saidenberg, Head of Distribution and Structuring
November 2017: Michael Lublinsky, Head of Macro
February 2018: Naseer Al-Khudairi, Global Head of Markets Electronic and
Co-Head of Cash Equities
March 2018: Shantanu Shete, Head of Macro Distribution, Singapore
May 2018: Matt Pecot, Head of Equities, Asia Pacific
July 2018: Mauricio Sada-Paz, Global Head of eFICC Product and Distribution
August 2018: Fabio Madar, Global Head of G10 Foreign Exchange Trading and Distribution
August 2018: Scott Eichel, Head of Securitized Products for Markets
- At the end of 2017, Stephen Dainton, Guy Saidenberg and Michael Lublinsky, together with Adeel Khan, Head of Credit, were confirmed as Co-Heads of Markets at Barclays reporting to Tim Throsby.
- Barclays has been named Best Bank for FX in London, Best Bank for GBP/USD and Best Bank for EUR/GBP in FX Week’s annual awards (Source: FX Week Nov 2018).
- BARX FX trading platform named as the ‘One to Watch’ (Profit & Loss Digital FX Awards, April 2018).
- Ranked #2 on 360T and #4 on Bloomberg for eFX volumes on multi-dealer platforms (Q3 2018).
- Launched SPECS™for FX in 2018, an online portal that allows clients to easily view, verify and request modifications to their FX electronic trading connectivity and settings with Barclays.