Barclays appoints Abhay Kumar Sinha as Co-Head of Credit Trading, Asia Pacific
Singapore, 31 January 2024 – Barclays today announced the appointment of Abhay Kumar Sinha as Co-Head of Credit Trading, Asia Pacific. Based in Singapore, Mr. Sinha will report regionally to Hossein Zaimi, Head of Markets, APAC, and functionally to Drew Mogavero, Global Head of Credit Products. Mr. Sinha will co-lead the Credit business with James Roberts in their roles as Co-Heads of Credit Trading APAC.
Mr. Sinha joins Barclays with an impressive background, having spent more than 25 years in the credit industry. He has been with Deutsche Bank since 2006 and has played a pivotal role in the development of their structured finance business, particularly in South and Southeast Asia. He also led their corporate financing business in India and was engaged in Special Situations. Prior to joining Deutsche Bank, Mr. Sinha was with ICICI Bank in Mumbai as Head of Legal for various corporate divisions.
“We are excited to welcome Abhay who brings with him a unique blend of leadership and market acumen,” said Hossein Zaimi. “His appointment also underscores our commitment to assembling a high-calibre team, reinforcing our position as one of the region’s industry leaders in Credit and ensuring Barclays remains a trusted partner to our clients.”
“Abhay’s expertise will augment our best-in-class credit trading capabilities,” said Drew Mogavero. “We look forward to leveraging his experience and knowledge to continue to deliver exceptional value to our clients.”
Notes for Editors
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customer and client, and geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group. For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
About Barclays Corporate and Investment Bank
Barclays is a consumer and wholesale bank, supporting individuals and small businesses through our consumer banking services, and larger businesses and institutions through our corporate and investment banking services. Our Corporate and Investment Bank is comprised of the Investment Banking, International Corporate Banking, Global Markets and Research businesses; it provides money managers, financial institutions, governments, supranational organizations and corporate clients with services and advice for their funding, financing, strategic and risk management needs. For further information about Barclays Corporate and Investment Bank, please visit our website www.cib.barclays.
About Barclays in Asia Pacific
Barclays has been in Asia Pacific for over 50 years and primarily supports corporations and financial institutions across the Asia Pacific region, catering to their cross-border Corporate and Investment banking needs and connecting them to the capital markets of UK, Europe, and the Americas. Barclays in Asia Pacific is headed by Jaideep Khanna, its regional Investment Banking and Global Markets business is respectively led by Vanessa Koo and Hossein Zaimi. Pushkaraj Gumaste heads its regional Corporate Banking business.
Recent key hires and development at Barclays in Asia Pacific
- Jan 2024: Barclays appoints Naohiko Baba as Chief Japan Economist and Head of Japan Research
- Nov 2023: Barclays appoints Jean-Baptiste Patois as Head of Equity Derivatives ex-Strategic Derivatives, Asia Pacific
- Oct 2023: Barclays appoints Denise Wong as Head of Sustainable and Impact Banking, Asia Pacific
- July 2023: Barclays appoints Akihiko Yamada as Head of TMT, Investment Banking for Japan
- July 2022: Barclays establishes subsidiary in Taiwan
- May 2022: Barclays strengthens strategic partnership with Barrenjoey Capital Partners
- June 2022: Dave Dai, Head of ESG Research, APAC
- May 2022: Barclays appoints Hossein Zaimi as Head of Markets for Asia Pacific
- Mar 2022: Matt Pecot to retire; Anthony Davies appointed interim Head of Markets for APAC
- Mar 2022: Carrie Chen and Raymond Yu: Co-Head of Investment Banking, Greater China
- Feb 2022: Pushkaraj Gumaste, Head of Corporate Banking, Asia Pacific and Middle East
- Jan 2022: Duncan Beattie, Managing Director, Investment Banking, Australia
- Jan 2022: Duncan Connellan, Managing Director, Investment Banking, Australia