Barclays Scale Up UK Programme
We’ve joined forces with the Cambridge Judge Business School to create the Barclays Scale Up UK Programme to support your high-growth business beyond your day-to-day banking needs.
The Barclays Scale Up UK Programme addresses the core challenges businesses, founders and their senior management teams face in scaling, by providing a bespoke, hands-on approach to help you accelerate your business' growth.
About the programme
The Barclays Scale Up UK Programme is delivered by world-class coaches and industry practitioners with a proven track record of delivering tangible results for growth companies. The programme is run in Cambridge, London and Manchester, and consists of core modules delivered in three two-day workshops over six weeks.
- Strategy – Identifying your current strategic position
- Marketing – Market analysis and growth marketing strategies
- Growth modules – Business models for growth
- Operational excellence and culture – Understanding how to achieve operational excellence within your business
- People – Leadership and talent management
- Funding – Funding for growth: financing options for scaling-up.
What your business could achieve
The programme is designed to help your business:
- Build a significantly accelerated growth plan
- Better support the role of the leadership team in this growth
- Define the value proposition of your business
- Design a business model for sustainable growth
- Develop a ‘go-to-market’ strategy for your products and services
- Address company-specific challenges
- Share best practice and business development advice with like-minded founding teams and senior managers
- Establish a network of contacts for business and personal development.
To be considered for the Barclays Scale Up UK programme, your business needs to:
- Have scale-up potential (e.g. annual sales ranging from start-up to £20m)
- Have a positive cashflow and/or be backed by a venture capitalist or angel investor
- Have a founding team with a proven track record and/or an entrepreneurial, ambitious, talented and broad-minded management team who are committed to growth.
Barclays is offering a scholarship for four places on the programme for businesses in Bury, and four places on the programme for businesses in Taunton Deane as part of our Building Thriving Local Economies initiative. Successful applicants will be selected by Cambridge Judge Business School.
How to apply
If your business meets the eligibility criteria, there are three stages to the application process:
- Apply online: you’ll need to complete an online application form
- Telephone interview: a member of the Cambridge Judge Business School will call you for a quick telephone interview
- Business review: the Cambridge Judge Business School will conduct an in-depth review of your business to assess its financial, strategic and growth measures.