Applying for sponsorships
Barclays has long seen the value of sponsorship as part of our business strategy. We have backed the best in sports, entertainment, the arts and culture, and we remain committed to supporting initiatives in the communities where we operate.
We have a history of using sponsorships to make our brand different; the right sponsorship adds to our brand, helping us engage our customers and clients locally, regionally and globally.
Is your commercial sponsorship right for Barclays?
We sponsor different properties across various industries and genres based on their ability to help support our business and brand needs. If you think you have something of interest, please feel free to submit your proposal via the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox.
As a global brand, we attract a huge amount of sponsorship requests. In order to meet our sponsorship objectives, it is Barclays policy not to sponsor the following categories:
- Political or religious associations
- Sponsorship properties which already have given significant brand exposure for our competitors in banking
- Sponsorship properties that are perceived to have or encompass a violent or dangerous nature (e.g. boxing)
- Sponsorships where Barclays or its colleagues may have – or be perceived to have – a conflict of interest
- Sponsorship of teams (by exception only)
- Sponsorship of individuals (by exception only)
- An event which is due to commence within the next two months.
Please check the applying for sponsorship section for the details we require for any application and then submit your details to email@example.com. Please note that whilst EVERY proposal received is considered, we can only reply to those opportunities that we feel fit with existing marketing and business objectives and require further investigation We will ensure that all enquiries sent to us are logged and held on file for future consideration should our focus and position change.
Finally, if you are interested in charitable or community sponsorships, please contact Barclays Community Affairs on +44 20 7116 4451 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Making an application
We are developing our new sponsorship strategy and in the short term this may limit our consideration of new properties. With this in mind we are always happy to receive enquiries of interest . To send us a proposal please check the sponsorship criteria and send to email@example.com.
Should your opportunity be of interest, we will respond to you directly. When submitting your proposal please consider the following information to help us assess your request.
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Postal address
Brief details of the sponsorship
Please provide very brief answers to these questions:
- Name of your sponsorship/event
- A one-line description of the sponsorship/event
- The fee being sought, inclusive of all taxes
- The term of the sponsorship/event, including the month and year that it starts and ends
- The sector - choose one of Sports, Arts and Culture or Thought Leadership
- The territory (and whether local, national, regional or global)